Tips before you start wallpapering:
- Make sure you are wallpapering with 2 people, this makes it a lot easier
- Make sure the wall that you are wallpapering is even wall or white. This will prevent the appearance of stains/ other colors with light colored patterns.
- Make sure that during the wallpapering you will not get glue on the front of the wallpaper to prevent stains. If this will happen anyway, only then blot it away. Never rub!
- Are you wallpapering a plastered wall? First knock softly on the wall: with a dull sound the plaster is probably locally loose. Carefully remove the bad spots and repair the holes with a filler before you start wallpapering.
- First treat highly absorbent substrates with a primer to break the greatest suction force. See packaging of the wallpaper glue.
- Always keep the printed side facing up when cutting the webs. Any errors and / or stains are then immediately detected.
- Always use a sharp knife to cut wallpaper. A blunt blade can cause slits or rips.
- Wallpaper always needs time to dry. If it gets dried to quickly it can cause it to shrink or tear. Therefore it is important when you start wallpapering to do this with the doors and windows closed and the heating at a moderate temperature.
- When cleaning the wallpaper, always do this with a blot, never rub, because that may cause the print to stain. Depending on the wallpaper, a slightly damp cloth may or may not be used. Check the product description before.
For further information, Click here